Apply for CMDCP® Certification
NOTICE: this course is required for CMDCP certification
Presented by: International Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners ICCDP
Name: Montessori Dementia Care Professional Course
Length: 6 Hours and the online course must be completed within 30 days of paying for the course.
Passing the online test and completing the online evaluation.
You will need a laptop or computer and ability to hear and watch videos.
If you do not pass the online test, you will be provided multiple opportunities to retake the test.
How Do I Register?
To register please go to International Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners at www.iccdp.net and complete and select an option and complete the online application.
With the use of video illustrations and real- world examples from across the Unites States of America. Europe, Asia, Australia, the learner will gain a strong appreciation for the applicability and effectiveness of principles and technique covered in the course. Interactive elements will challenge the learners at key sections of the course to strengthen comprehension and encourage immediate use of Montessori-based approaches and techniques.
You will need a lap top or computer with audio capability so that you can hear the presentation.
Online Montessori Dementia Care Professional Curriculum includes:
Current models of care and the need for culture change
Review of the care model consumers are increasingly demanding and expecting for memory are- resident driven communities.
Background and overview of the Montessori - based approach to providing new model of memory care.
Demonstrations of how the Montessori - based approach makes person centered care feasible and sustainable.
Emphasis on dementia as a disability and not a disease.
Enabling a persons with dementia to utilize existing abilities to engage in personally meaningful activity.
Using Montessori approaches to engage persons with dementia in meaningful activity throughout the day.
Empowering staff in all departments to effectively engage with persons with dementia as part of an overall culture of delivering person-centered care.
Methods of creating supportive social and physical environments to support independence and meaningful engagement.
Enabling persons with memory impairment to be activity engaged with the outside world, their communities and culture.
Action planning for effective implementation and sustainability of the Montessori approach.
CE Organizational Pre-approval Program Application - Montessori Dementia Care Professional Course
NAB 6 CEUs for Administrator's
Nursing CEUs approved with CEU Network for a fee of 4.00 per CEU
NCCAP 6 CEUs for Activity Professionals
NCTRC 6 CEU’s for Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialists. The International Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners "Montessori Dementia Care Professional Course" has been approved for six (6) hours and also meets the content required for the Geriatrics and Behavioral Health areas of specialization. The CEUs will be displayed on your class certificate. Per NCTRC as of July 2019.
International Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners Information about the course.
CEUs available for:
• Administrators - National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards - This program has been approved for Continuing Education for 6 total participant hours by NAB/NCERS--Approval #20210617-6-A67126-DL.
• Activities Professionals - National Certification Council for Activity Professionals - Approved for 6 Instructional Hours--Approval #NCCAP500876-21NT
• Occupational Therapists - Ohio Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Athletic Trainers Board - This course is approved for 6 hours CE from the Ohio OTPTAT Board, approval #161748. Check with your state OT board for reciprocity rules.
• Certified Care Managers - National Academy of Certified Care Managers - ICCDP is an approved NACCM continuing education provider, #19-701ICCDP.
• Nursing - Refer to the CEU Network packet under "Course Materials" in the Learning Portal.
• Dementia Care Professionals - National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners - This course is approved for 6 hours CE by NCCDP.
• Recreational Therapists - National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification - The session has is CE Pre-Approved by NCTRC for six (6) hours and also meets the content required for the Geriatrics and Behavioral Health areas of specialization.
• Social Workers - Nevada Board of Examiners for Social Workers – Approval # A520-09. Check with your state SW board for reciprocity rules.