ONLINE APPLICATION and CERTIFICATION PROCESS:
- 1. Choose the option that best fits you.
- 2. Complete the online individual CMDCP ™ Certified Montessori Care Professional application. Wait for approval.
- 3. Upon written approval you will directed to Center for Applied Research in Dementia CARD to complete the online Montessori Dementia Care Professional 6 hour course.
- 4. Complete and pass the test.
- 5. Complete an online evaluation at CARD And ICCDP
- 6. ICCDP will email you a CMDCP certification to you.
Or you can elect to bypass the certification and only take the course.
This option is for those professionals who have already completed either a Montessori Dementia specific course or have a Montessori Dementia specific certification from a national or international organization, university or Center for Applied Research in Dementia CARD. This option allows you to bypass the Montessori Dementia Care Professional Course offered by CARD and apply for the CMDCP certification only. The price is $150.00 USD pp.
If you completed a Montessori Dementia course or certification prior to 2018 you will need to apply for grandfather certification within five years of completing the course or certification. If you missed the cut off date please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you completed a Montessori Dementia specific course or certification as of 2018 you have 30 days to apply for grandfather certification from the date of your class. If you missed the cut off date please contact ICCDP email@example.com.
- Step 1: Complete the Grandfather CMDCP application.
- Step 2: Upload your documentation that you have either completed a Montessori Dementia course or have a Montessori Dementia specific certification.
- Step 3: Wait for approval.
- Step 4: If approved a CMDCP certification is emailed to you. If denied, a denial letter will be sent to you and your fee will be refunded.
The CMDCP certification is for two years. In 22 months you will receive an email to renew online. You will complete the exact same process for renewal.
TAKE THE MONTESSORI CURRICULUM OPTION:
Please complete the initial individual application. The CMDCP individual application is $125.00 USD pp and the Montessori Dementia Care Professional online 6 hour course is $125.00 USD pp.
- Step 1: Complete the online application process and wait for approval.
- Step 2: Once approved a email letter will be sent to you with the link to take the online 6 hour course with CARD. If your application is denied, a denial letter will be emailed to you and your fee will be returned.
- Step 3: Register with CARD for the 6 hour course titled Montessori Dementia Care Professional course.
- Step 4: Pass the test.
- Step 5: Complete an online evaluation with CARD
- Step 6: Complete the online evaluation with ICCDP
- Step 7: ICCDP will email you a CMDCP certification.
The certification is for two years. In 22 months you will receive an email to renew online. You will complete the exact same process for renewal.
FOR BOTH OPTIONS:
Renewal is every two years. Renewal will be online and 4 contact hours will be required every two years. Contact hours are only accepted from Center for Applied Research in Dementia (CARD). The renewal application fee is $125 USD and the CARD 4 hour’s renewal course fee is $125.00 USD. There is a $35.00 USD late fee for the CMDCP renewal application. Notifications will be sent via email in 22 months. You must notify ICCDP and CARD of email, name changes or address changes.
For complete information about the certification process please go to the certification information page.
Following completion of this form you will be sent to a page to submit payment by credit card. We accept Visa, Master Card, American Express, and Discover.
Upon successful completion of your application and acceptance as a CMCDP you will be pleased to know that your name will be proudly displayed on our registry of Certified Montessori Dementia Care Professional . Only your name and credentials will be posted. Your contact information will not be posted.