ONLINE APPLICATION and CERTIFICATION PROCESS:
- 1. Choose the option that best fits you.
- 2. Complete the online individual CMDCP® Certified Montessori Care Professional application. Wait for approval.
- 3. Upon written approval you will directed to Center for Applied Research in Dementia CARD to complete the online Montessori Dementia Care Professional 6 hour course. DO NOT APPLY WITH CARD FIRST. You must apply with ICCDP first.
- 4. Complete and pass the test.
- 5. Complete an online evaluation at CARD And ICCDP
- 6. ICCDP will email you a CMDCP certification to you.
Or you can elect to bypass the certification and only take the course.
This option is for those professionals who have already completed either a Montessori Dementia specific course or have a Montessori Dementia specific certification from a national or international organization, university or Center for Applied Research in Dementia CARD within the past 2 years. This option allows you to bypass the Montessori Dementia Care Professional Course offered by CARD and apply for the CMDCP certification only. The price is $150.00 USD pp.
If you completed a Montessori Dementia specific course or have a Montessori Dementia specific certification from a national organization, international organization or university you may elect to select the grandfather option. The grandfather option allows you to by pass the online six hour Montessori course. You will need to upload when prompted during the application process either the certificate of completion and or the certification.
- Step 1: Complete the Grandfather CMDCP application.
- Step 2: Upload your documentation that you have either completed a Montessori Dementia course or have a Montessori Dementia specific certification within the past 2 years.
- Step 3: Wait for approval.
- Step 4: If approved a CMDCP certification is emailed to you. If denied, a denial letter will be sent to you and your fee will be refunded.
The CMDCP certification is for two years. In 22 months you will receive an email to renew online. You will complete the exact same process for renewal.
TAKE THE MONTESSORI CURRICULUM OPTION:
NOTICE: there are two separate fees.... one for the CMDCP application and another for the Montessori Dementia Care Curriculum paid to Centers for Applied Research in Dementia.
Please complete the initial individual application. The CMDCP individual application is $135.00 USD pp and the Montessori Dementia Care Professional online 6 hour course is $125.00 USD pp.
- Step 1: Complete the online application process and wait for approval.
- Step 2: Once approved, an email letter will be sent to you with the link to take the online 6 hour course with CARD. If your application is denied, a denial letter will be emailed to you and your fee will be returned.
- Step 3: Register with CARD for the 6 hour course titled Montessori Dementia Care Professional course.
- Step 4: Pass the test.
- Step 5: Complete an online evaluation with CARD
- Step 6: Complete the online evaluation with ICCDP
- Step 7: ICCDP will email you a CMDCP certification.
The certification is for two years. In 22 months you will receive an email to renew online. You will complete the exact same process for renewal.
FOR BOTH OPTIONS:
Renewal is every two years. Renewal will be online and 4 contact hours will be required every two years. Contact hours are only accepted from Center for Applied Research in Dementia (CARD). The renewal application fee is $135 USD and the CARD 4 hour’s renewal course fee is $125.00 USD. There is a $35.00 USD late fee for the CMDCP renewal application. Notifications will be sent via email in 22 months. You must notify ICCDP and CARD of email, name changes or address changes.
For complete information about the certification process please go to the certification information page.
Following completion of this form you will be sent to a page to submit payment by credit card. We accept Visa, Master Card, American Express, and Discover.
Upon successful completion of your application and acceptance as a CMDCP you will be pleased to know that your name will be proudly displayed on our registry of Certified Montessori Dementia Care Professional . Only your name and credentials will be posted. Your contact information will not be posted.
GROUP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
For full instructions for group applications, please click here.
- Select from below the CORPORATE GROUP APPLICATION option (FEE is $35.00 USD per person for the application an $35.00 USD per person for the online course, minimum of 3 members)
- Complete the initial form and continue to the member entry form. Enter your staff member's name and email address.
- Submit payment.
- You will receive a receipt along with additional information. Within 48 business hours expect a bill from Center for Applied Research in Dementia (CARD) for the online course work.
- After submitting payment to CARD, you will receive a discount code that you can distribute to your group members.
- Your staff will receive an email from ICCDP with their login information and instruction to return to this page to complete their application for CMDCP.
- ICCDP will review each member's application. If approved, they will individually receive an email with instruction to go to CARD to take their course work. They will need to the discount code when they register at CARD.
GRANFATHER OPTION: If a staff member already has taken a Montessori dementia care course within the past 2 years, they are eligible to apply under the grandfather option. Grandfather applicants do not need to take the online course work. They will be required to upload a copy of their certificate or document as proof of course completion.
You, as the group administrator, can later add additional members to the group from your account page. You also have the option to delete members from your group. You cannot substitute names. For example, if a group member is no longer employeed at your agency, you cannot add another member into her place. If a group member is deleted from your group, they still are maintained on the database as an individual member not associated with your agency. They also no longer qualify for the group discount.