1. How long does it take to process my application?
Answer: Please allow 7 business to process your application from the date the ICCDP Membership Services receives your application. We appreciate your patience.
2. Who should I contact in event of a question about my application?
Answer: Please use the contact ICCDP page to contact us.
3. What is the Certified Alzheimer's Disease and Dementia Care Trainer Program?
Answer: The NCCDP / ICCDP offers Certified Alzheimer's Disease and Dementia Care Trainer workshops for seasoned instructors and In-service directors who wish to present all day training seminars on Dementia / Alzheimer’s Disease. The course includes the Power Point disk, overhead copies, master hand out notebook, text books, DVD, tests, sample brochures, sample evaluations, certification as CDP and ICCDP instructor. The course is only taught in the United States at this time. For more information please go to the CADDCT web page.
4. How long is the CMDCP certification good for and do I have to renew.
Answer: Two years and yes you will receive a reminder notice to renew. You can also check your CMDCP member account control panel to view information about your certification status.
5. Do I have to submit additional CEU’s when I renew my certification in two years?
Answer: Yes. You will be required to take 4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) every 2 years from International Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners (ICCDP) to maintain your certification. You may obtain credits from our online continuing education service.
6. Do I need a college degree to obtain certification?
Answer: Yes. Here is the full qualification criteria to to be eligible foro CMDCP:
Must have a four year degree or a two year degree from an accredited college or university or a nurse.
Must be certified or licensed in a health care profession unless the state or country regulations or laws where you work or employed does not require a license or certification to hold your position.
Must have three years of full time employment in the health care industry to include; nursing homes, assisted living communities, medical or social adult day care, hospitals, home care or hospice agency, rehabilitation center, psychiatric facility, memory care centers, private consulting companies, associations, government agencies, etc.
7. What do I receive, once I am approved for certification?
Answer: You will receive a certification via online download and email that you can printout.. Also, you will receive a quarterly newsletter via email.
8. My company wishes to become a corporate sponsor, is this possible?
Answer: We welcome corporate sponsorship. Please email us by using the contact us form in confidence
9. How Many CEU Do I Need to Renew My Certification?
Answer: You will need 4 CEU's directly from International Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners (ICCDP). You will need to renew your certification 1st and then take the online course work with ICCDP.
10. I have not received an email reply.
Answer: We return all e-mails immediately if they come in Monday to Friday 7:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. EST. Otherwise if an e-mail comes in over the weekend we will respond ASAP on Monday.
11. What is the Certified Montessori Dementia Care Professional (CMDCP) application fee?
Answer: Please see the Fees page.
12. What is the fee for the online Montessori Dementia Care Curriculum by International Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners (ICCDP)?
Answer: Please see the Fees page.
13. Need support from ICCDP?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
14. Appeal Process. My application was denied. How can I appeal the denial?
Answer: If you are not awarded a certification and you wish to appeal, please write a letter to:
1A Main Street, Suite 8
Sparta, NJ 07871-1909
You must send a typed letter that includes: Email address, your name, address and phone number, reason for denial and why you are appealing the decision. The ICCDP Executive Appeal Committee will reach a decision after reviewing your application. All decisions reached by the Executive Appeal Committee are final. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks to process.
Note: If you are not approved for certification your payment will be returned to you. Your application will be kept on file along with you supporting documents and will not be returned to you.
15. I have received my certification in PDF format. When printing the certification, the signature line is blank.
Answer: You may need to make a settings change for your printer. Click here for detail on how to do this.
While certification promotes and maintains quality, it does not license, confer a right or privilege upon or otherwise define the qualifications of anyone in the healthcare field.