To qualify for the discounted price, your association must be listed. If you do not see your association listed, contact your association and request that they contact ICCDP so you as a member of that organization can take advantage of the membership discount. The letter must come from the Executive Director to email@example.com
ONLINE APPLICATION and CERTIFICATION PROCESS:
- Complete the online application process and wait for approval. You will receive an email within 48 business hours with instructions on registering for the CARD course. You have 30 days to complete the course from the date your application was approved. If your application is denied, a denial letter will be emailed to you and your fee will be returned.
- Upon written approval you will directed to Center for Applied Research in Dementia CARD to complete the online Montessori Dementia Care Professional 6-hour online course. DO NOT APPLY WITH CARD FIRST. You must apply with ICCDP first and wait for your application to be approved. Then move forward with registration of the CARD course.
- Follow the written directions that are e-mailed to you to register for the course. Complete the course and pass the test.
- Complete an online evaluation at CARD And ICCDP.
- ICCDP will email you a CMDCP certification.
Or you can elect to bypass the certification and only take the course.
If you only wish to take the course, select course only. After you complete the course, if you decide to pursue certification, complete the application and select the grandfather option. You have 2 years from the date of completion of the course to apply for the grandfather option. You will be asked to upload your certificate of course completion.
This option is for those professionals who have already completed either a Montessori Dementia specific course or have a Montessori Dementia specific certification from a national or international organization, university or Center for Applied Research in Dementia CARD. This option allows you to bypass the Montessori Dementia Care Professional Course offered by CARD and apply for the CMDCP certification only. The price is $35.00 USD pp.
If you completed a Montessori Dementia specific course or have a Montessori Dementia specific certification from a national organization, international organization or university within the past 2 years, you may elect to select the grandfather option. The grandfather option allows you to by pass the online six hour Montessori course. You will need to upload when prompted during the application process either the certificate of completion and or the certification.
- Step 1: Complete the Grandfather CMDCP application.
- Step 2: Upload your documentation that you have either completed a Montessori Dementia course or have a Montessori Dementia specific certification.
- Step 3: Wait for approval.
- Step 4: If approved a CMDCP certification is emailed to you. If denied, a denial letter will be sent to you and your fee will be refunded.
The CMDCP certification is for two years. In 22 months you will receive an email to renew online. You will complete the exact same process for renewal. The renewal fee is $35.00 for the certification and $35.00 for the required continuing education course and credit from CARD as long as you continue to be a member of an association eligible for this discounted program. The total renewal fee is $70.00 USD. Rates subject to change.
CMDCP APPLICATION AND MDCP CURRICULUM NOTICE:
There are two separate fees. The application fee is paid to ICCDP and the course fee is paid to CARD. Once you pay for either of the fees, there is no refund. You cannot substitute names of the person applying for certification.
Once your application is approved, you have 30 days to complete the online course or your account will be deleted and there is no refund.
Following completion of this form you will be sent to a page to submit payment by credit card. We accept Visa, Master Card, American Express, and Discover.
Upon successful completion of your application and acceptance as a CMDCP you will be pleased to know that your name will be proudly displayed on our registry of Certified Montessori Dementia Care Professional . Only your name and credentials will be posted. Your contact information will not be posted.